The UVA Marketplace is the shopping environment, provided by SciQuest, but accessed from within the Integrated System,
where UVA purchasers will buy goods and services from vendor catalogs in an efficient, effective, and user-friendly process.
Users will log into the Integrated System before seamlessly entering the UVA Marketplace, where they may browse,
search, view product images, comparison shop, and buy from a large number of the University’s most commonly used and preferred supplier catalogs.
- The UVa Marketplace will be used for all purchases, unless specifically stated in the Procurement Guide.
The Marketplace will contain both catalog and non-catalog vendors. All current vendors will be in the Marketplace.
- It will be easy to identify preferred suppliers in the UVa Marketplace. The following icons will flag the type of vendor.
Has an eVA Registered Site(s)
Vendor is eVA excluded
Science catalog – purchases at list price
Contract Vendor – purchases at contract price
Hosted Catalog – catalog exists inside the Marketplace
Non-Catalog Vendor – purchases made using non catalog form
Punch-Out Catalog – from the Marketplace, go to the vendor’s site
- Existing approval hierarchies will remain in the new environment.
- Users with the “Shopper” responsibility will have only a $1.00 approval authority. Therefore, all orders by Shoppers will be routed to the appropriate approver before being submitted to the vendor.
- Orders placed in the Marketplace to contract vendors will be approved immediately up to $50,000, without central approval, if the items are non-restricted and the purchaser has “unlimited” approval authority.
- Orders placed in the Marketplace to non-contract vendors will be approved immediately up to $5,000, without central approval, if the items are non-restricted and the purchaser has $5,000 or “unlimited” approval authority.
- Existing funds checking will work in the new environment.
- Shoppers will not have the ability to add new vendors. Only a PO Requestor or PO Purchaser can do this.
- Users will create a requisition in the Marketplace that automatically turns into a purchase order after approval.
- When purchase orders are approved, users will receive notification from the Marketplace indicating how the purchase order will be delivered to the vendor.
- Notifications from vendors regarding receipt or status of orders occur on a vendor-by-vendor basis and are not within U.Va.'s control.
- Users can set preferences that remain in effect until they are changed. They do not have to be reset each day.
- The UVa Marketplace does not currently accept p-cards for payment. P-cards can only be used for eVA-exempt transactions outside the Marketplace.
- Users who are required to receive will have the ability to do so in the Marketplace. Receiving must be done at the line item level for orders over $5,000.00.
- Users with the Shopper responsibility do not have to log onto VPN. Users with PO Purchaser and PO Requester responsibilities will have to log onto VPN.
- Purchases from multiple vendors can be loaded into one shopping cart, generating a requisition that contains purchases from different vendors. However, a separate Purchase Order will be created for each vendor.
- The University has a new procedure that requires line item detail on all purchase orders. The Marketplace will allow easy capture of line item detail for catalog purchases simply by adding the items to your cart.
- Standing orders will not be allowed for catalog vendors. Procurement Services may allow certain standing orders for non-catalog purchases, but this will be very restrictive.
- The Marketplace does not support reserving purchase order numbers.
- Once purchase orders have been approved, only PTAEOs may be changed.
- Users should always click on the Notification tab in I-Procurement to determine how the purchase order will get to the vendor.
- For orders that will be delivered automatically to the vendors, users can view the history tab in the Marketplace to see if the order has been sent.